Saturday, September 27, 2008

Impressed with myself











Yes, I am. So impressed indeed. I finished Megans quilt. She will get it for christmas so it is a secret right now. I am excited that it turned out so well. The back of the quilt is a sheet. Megan does not like the top sheet on her bed. It gets all wrinkled underneath the blanket and it drives her crazy. So rather than leave it sitting in the linen closet I decidede to use it as the back of the quilt. I need to iron out some crinkles,which ,I know, I should have done before I sewed it all together but I am an amateur quilt maker and it just didn't occurr to me to do it. I also have been told that is is a good idea to wash the fabric before sewing. I have never ever washed my fabric before sewing. I have never had a problem from not prewashing so I guess its just a personal decision. I am really enjoying this. I finally have time to do things like this again. I used to make all Megans dresses when she was little and then, well, life happened and sewing and crafting took a back seat to everything else. I am excited to be in a place now where i can have actual hobbies for myself. Very excited.And I have a wonderful hubby to thank for it. He works hard for us to have what we want.Next is Elias's. I got the fabric for his yesterday. I have a sheet to use for the back of his too. I'll show it to you in a few days when it is finished. yay!!

4 comments:

Holly Jo said...

wow, well done Chantal! Someday I hope to make real quilts.

Cookie said...

That is beautiful! I hope she treasures it always.

Oh, and I only charge $50 per day to keep a secret. So if you don't want Megan to know before Christmas, I'll send you an invoice. Dont' worry, I do take paypal ;)

Unknown said...

uh, ok, cookie, I'll get right on that.. LOL!!!

Unknown said...

So cute! Not a secret anymore ;)